|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||03/27/2014|
|CLOSING DATE: ||04/11/2014|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||13612TRA|
|LOCATION: ||DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION|
|POSITION TITLE: ||COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN - GARAGE|
Graduation from high school and experience in repairing a variety of audio visual, communications, emergency equipment and other similar devices; or any combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Working knowledge of communication, surveillance, GPS and emergency equipment repair procedures.
- Working knowledge of electrical hazards, radio frequency exposure and safety precautions.
- Ability to read technical manuals.
- Ability to demonstrate the use and operation of equipment.
- Skill in using the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade.
- Must be able to obtain Class “B” or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). The successful candidate will be given 6 months to obtain a CDL or any outstanding endorsements required by the position.
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This is skilled electronic work in maintenance and repair of wireless communication, DVR surveillance systems, GPS systems, emergency equipment and similar devices. The employee is responsible for installation, removal, diagnosis and repair of these systems to the box level and instructing others in the use of the equipment. The work is performed according to manufacturers’ technical information and standard service practices of the wireless communication, surveillance, GPS, and emergency equipment trade.
- Diagnosis and repair of wireless communication, surveillance, GPS and emergency equipment problems using reference materials, test equipment and computer software.
- Tests equipment, radios, surveillance systems, GPS systems, emergency equipment systems using volt ohm meters, NiCad & nickel metal hydride testers, amp/volt testers, computer, and watt meter.
- Installs, removes, or replaces wireless communication, surveillance, GPS and emergency equipment components in school buses, Loudoun County Sheriff’s office, Fire & Rescue, and other municipal vehicles.
- Trains employees on the use of wireless communication equipment and VCR surveillance systems.
- Maintains data in spreadsheets, fleet management software, and other data sources as required to document production and properly maintain equipment and part inventories, and other related data.
- Communicates/coordinates activities with; Central Garage Management, Communications Team Leader, fleet customers, vendors, Student Transportation officials, and County of Loudoun Fleet Administration.
- Performs related work as required.
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
- Must be able to lift weights up to 50 lbs., climb in, on and under vehicles, work on concrete floors, perform road service, and work in inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to battery acid, electric shock, RF emissions and flammable liquids such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and cleaning fluids, driving vehicles during inclement and severe weather conditions.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 13, Salary Range: $41,005 - $77,195
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |