|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||04/09/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: ||04/16/2013|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12459SRM|
|LOCATION: ||SENECA RIDGE MS|
|POSITION TITLE: ||SECRETARY I|
Graduation from high school and experience in performing general office clerical or secretarial work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, and of standard office appliances including desktop PCs, standard office software, scanners, printers, photocopiers, and facsimile machines
- Ability to perform general clerical work accurately and quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively, to work cooperatively with others, and to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal or designee
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This is general clerical and secretarial work performed in a school. An employee in this class performs routine to varied office operations requiring general office skills. Assignments typically consist of one or more standard office operations such as phone and visitor reception work, file maintenance, data entry including routine database maintenance, keyboarding including word processing of common office/business documents, mail processing, library clerical work, and similar tasks that are quickly learned on the job. Experienced workers initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations. Performs related work as required.
- As school receptionist, routes callers, answers routine questions, and keeps appointment records
- Opens and routes incoming mail; assembles appropriate material for use in answering mail
- Operates PC word processing programs producing correspondence, letters, memos, and reports; may operate other software programs
- Performs related work as required
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 9, Salary Range: $21,912 - $40,913
208 Day Position (Prorated), 7 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |