|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||03/13/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: ||03/21/2013|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12438PUP|
|LOCATION: ||DEPT OF PUPIL SERVICES|
|POSITION TITLE: ||SECRETARY II, GUIDANCE SERVICES|
Graduation from high school and experience in performing general office clerical or secretarial work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, and of standard office appliances including desktop PCs, standard office software, scanners, printers, photocopiers, and facsimile machines
- Ability to perform general clerical work accurately and quickly, to communicate effectively, to work cooperatively with others, and to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This is clerical, secretarial, and administrative support work performed in School District central offices. An employee in this class performs routine to varied office operations requiring general office skills. Assignments typically consist of one or more standard office operations such as phone and visitor reception work, file maintenance, data entry including routine database maintenance, word processing of common office/business documents, mail processing, and similar tasks that are quickly learned on the job. Experienced workers initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
- Provides general clerical and secretarial support to a central office department including phone and visitor reception duties; routine database maintenance; word processing; and maintaining logs, appointment schedules, calendars, bulletin boards, reference files/materials, and other office records
- As instructed, notifies central office staffs, school staffs, and other parties of informational matters requiring their attention
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements
- Receives and distributes mail, and collects outgoing mail; assembles materials for bulk mailings and arranges with mail service for processing
- Processes time and attendance sheets; prepares purchase orders and other actions; maintains department files, monitors office supply levels and orders supplies as necessary; posts accounts, entering data from financial transaction documents into computerized accounting spreadsheets or systems
- Performs related work as required
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 11, Salary Range: $34,889 - $65,430
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |