|JOB STATUS: ||CLOSED|
|POSTING DATE: ||02/20/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12421ASH|
|LOCATION: ||ASHBURN ES|
|POSITION TITLE: ||TEACHER ASSISTANT, KINDERGARTEN|
Graduation from high school, supplemented by course work in child development or related field, and experience working with children; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of student behavior as applied to children; of the language, culture, and other characteristics of the families whose children are enrolled in Loudoun County Public Schools
- Ability to work effectively with children; to carry out designated instructional assignments properly; to note and record student behavior; to supervise student behavior and learning activities; to perform general clerical work
- Good human relations and communications skills
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This is work providing instructional assistance to students under the direction of a licensed teacher. An employee in this class is responsible for carrying out designated instructional activities such as: preparing classroom materials, supervising student behavior, going over lessons with students, and performing routine office clerical duties. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
- Provides individual and group instruction as directed; demonstrates and assists students with skill development exercises. Implements designated portions of lesson plans. Participates with students in classroom activities
- Implements behavior modification plans. Observes and records student actions, progress, and other occurrences
- Prepares the classroom and helps manage the students; organizes the room and materials; records attendance; maintains bulletin boards
- Sets up and operates audio visual equipment
- Performs photocopying and general office clerical work
- Performs related work as required
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH
POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
|APPLY TO: |
The Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 9, Salary Range: $18,941 - $35,365 (prorated)
184 day position, 6.84 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |