|JOB STATUS: ||CLOSED|
|POSTING DATE: ||02/04/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12413SUP|
|LOCATION: ||SUPPORT SERVICES|
|POSITION TITLE: ||CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER|
Associates degree in Construction Technology and experience in field construction; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices as applied to the construction of school facilities; of materials testing, engineering standards, building codes, and other applicable requirements governing school construction.
- Ability to perform technical construction inspections; to maintain accurate and complete records; to apply engineering standards, codes and other requirements to varying situations.
- Has a working knowledge of computer software (including E-mail, internet, Microsoft Office).
- Good human relations, organizational, and communications skills.
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This is construction technician work in support of school system construction projects. An employee in this class is responsible for performing field inspections of school construction projects for compliance with plans, specifications and applicable standards. The work requires an understanding of the functions of various trades and of construction practices to ensure that standards are met and to discuss job status and problems. Experienced workers in this position initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations. This position reports directly to the Senior Project Manager.
- Performs construction site inspections for compliance of all trades with the drawings,
specifications and code regulations; prepares daily progress reports of all activities at
job sites using project management software.
- Communicates with general contractors, architects and engineers to coordinate information for existing and planned future projects.
- Advises the Senior Project Manager relative to proposed changes and field alterations to projects.
- Attends progress meetings with contractors and the architect to support resolution of issues.
- Works with local and State inspection agencies to insure compliance with regulations.
- Works with the school’s suppliers to resolve problems, schedule deliveries, and follow up on delivery schedules.
- Coordinates activities with contractors and project schedules to obtain on-time utility
connections at job sites.
- Performs related work as required.
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 14, Salary Range: $ 42,550 - $80,162
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |