|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||02/01/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: ||02/11/2013|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12411DTS|
|LOCATION: ||DEPT OF TECH SERVICES|
|POSITION TITLE: ||NETWORK SPECIALIST|
- Knowledge of server operating systems and desktop operating systems including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 and Windows XP
- Familiarity with a wide range of server and desktop hardware systems
- Experience with Active Directory, ADUC, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Antivirus software, and backup systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with third party hardware and software solutions
LICENSES: First tier Network Certification preferred (MCITP, Net+, MCTS)
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This position performs technical computer network support and maintains networks in school facilities. An employee in this class is responsible for user account administration and support. They are also responsible for installing, upgrading and maintaining networks in school facilities including hardware and software applications, system software, internet connections, and associated servers, printers, and cabling. The work includes responding to service calls and training school staffs in the use of networks and associated equipment. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
- Performs user account administration
- Maintains networks and associated equipment
- Installs server systems, software and peripherals.
- Loads software onto network systems
- Troubleshoots technical network and software networking problems to successful conclusion
- Supports other technology projects as assigned
- Performs related work as required
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
Designs and/or assists with the design of school level local area networks.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 15, Salary Range: $45,455 - $85,648
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |