Graduation from high school and some general secretarial training and/or experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
· Knowledge of word processing, data entry, and on-line searching.
· Ability to keep accurate records.
· Understanding of library operations and general secretarial skills.
· Knowledge of library cataloging systems.
· Ability to compose routine memoranda and letters from general instructions.
· Ability to maintain clerical and financial records and prepare routine reports.
· Ability to operate a word processor and standard office equipment with extreme accuracy and speed.