|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||01/24/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: ||02/01/2013|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12401ADM|
|LOCATION: ||ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING|
|POSITION TITLE: ||SECRETARY I|
Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in word processing and office practices and some experience in performing clerical work of a responsible nature; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Working knowledge of business English, general vocabulary, spelling, and arithmetic; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to compose routine memoranda and letters from general instruction; maintain clerical records and prepare routine reports from such records
- Ability to operate a word processor, facsimile machine, mainframe computer, imaging machine, and other standard office equipment
- Good organizational, human relations, and communication skills
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
This is clerical and secretarial support work performed in School Division central offices. An employee in this class performs routine to varied office operations requiring general office skills. The Secretary I is responsible for the efficient clerical operation of the office and for providing clerical services to staff. The employee composes correspondence on routine matters for the supervisor’s signature, prepares written correspondence from rough notes, and compiles and maintains information and data. Positions at this level serve a department within a larger department. All important aspects of the work are subject to detailed and specific procedures, which the employee follows closely.
- As department receptionist, routes callers, answers non-technical questions, and keeps appointment records
- Prepares information for inclusion in special reports and summaries, frequently checking against a variety of records in order to ensure complete and accurate information; may enter data on a computer
- Assists in completing forms and applications; opens and routes incoming mail; assembles appropriate material for use in answering mail
- Operates PC word processing programs producing correspondence, bulletins, technical and non-technical material, letters, memos, and reports; may operate other software programs
- Maintains office files and records for information regarding administrative procedures and policies, regulations, personnel, organization, and reports relative to the department’s activities
- Performs related work as required
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 9, Salary Range: $30,581 - $57,099
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |