|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||05/06/2013|
|CLOSING DATE: ||05/21/2013|
|POSTING NUMBER: ||12572CMV|
|LOCATION: ||MONROE TECH CENTER|
|POSITION TITLE: ||PHARMACY TECHNICIAN TEACHER|
Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; 1 years documented work experience as a Pharmacy Technician; have a good working knowledge of the Pharmacy or Pharmacy Technician field and its customer relations; holds current CPR Healthcare provider certification; knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.
Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure with endorsement(s) required for teaching assignment(s).
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
Under general supervision of a principal and/or other designated administrator, provides direct instruction within the many areas of the Pharmacy Technology. Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities, as required; carries out a variety of student monitoring and controls activities; performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Teaches, supervises and evaluates Pharmacy Technician students in both the classroom and lab environment
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning and prepares lesson plans
- Maintains complete and accurate records as required by law
- Coordinates with other members of the staff in the selection of instructional materials and planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Provides demonstrations and instructs students in practical skills related to the course.
- Develops and maintains a business advisory committee
- Coordinates co-curricular activities
A person in this position reports to the Principal and/or Assistant Principal
|OTHER INFORMATION: |
LICENSED APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
|APPLY TO: |
Department of Personnel Services
Salary Range: $57,618 - $103,074
197 Day Position, 7 hours per day
| ||FROM -   TO - |